ALK releases new version of CoPilot Truck GPS app
The new navigation app released by ALK Technologies includes the ability to show up to three routes to a destination. (Courtesy: ALK TECHNOLOGIES)
The Trucker News Services
PRINCETON, N.J. — ALK Technologies has just released a new version of its CoPilot Truck GPS navigation app for professional drivers.
The new version brings the latest truck-specific, turn-by-turn guidance and routing technology to iPhones, iPads, and Android-powered smartphones and tablets, company officials said.
New features include:
• A sleek, new driver-friendly user interface
• Alternate routes with a choice of up to three alternate routes to a destination
• The ability to drag the route to fully customize the exact route a driver prefers to take
• Major roads preview, which is a list of only the highways and interstates of the planned route for quick verification
• RouteSync functionality for in-vehicle consistency with industry standard PC*MILER routing and mileage used for dispatch, billing, driver pay, fuel tax reporting, rating, and costing
• The latest street-level ALK Maps of North America stored on your device for offline use, and
• Updated PC*MILER routing and truck-specific attributes.
WANTING TO FIND A NEW JOB? GOTRUCKERS.COM OFFERS HUNDREDS OF POSSIBILITIES. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
The apps are available to purchase on the iTunes App Store and Google Play for $149.99.
Existing CoPilot Truck v8 customers will be able to upgrade to the new version for free.
For more information, visit www.alk.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached for comment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.