Goodyear launches G572 1AD tire for single axle drive, 6x2 applications
The G572 1AD has been engineered for high-torque applications found in single-axle drive and 6x2 truck models.
The Trucker News Services
AKRON, Ohio — The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched the premium-quality, SmartWay-verified Goodyear G572 1AD truck tire for single-axle drive and 6x2 applications.
“The G572 1AD has been engineered for high-torque applications found in single-axle drive and 6x2 truck models,” said Brian Buckham, marketing manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “The tire’s highly sought-after attributes will help long-haul fleets lower their total operating costs.” Features of the G572 1AD include:
• Goodyear’s exclusive Fuel Max Technology, which boasts fuel-saving compounds and advanced design technology to help promote energy efficiency and fuel economy. (The G572 1AD is SmartWay-verified.)
• Highly siped center rib and lateral grooves for enhanced all-season traction.
• Semi-solid shoulder ribs and a 24/32nds tread depth for enhanced traction, stability and long tread life in high-scrub applications.
• Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which features interlocking microgrooves that help stabilize the tread for longer life and enhanced toughness.
• One of the industry’s most retreadable casings, which will reduce the fleet’s overall cost-per-mile.
“The G572 1AD is an ideal tire for long-haul fleets that have a need for long tread life and extra traction in the single-axle drive and 6x2 applications, but also are looking for other cost-reducing benefits,” noted Buckham.
The G572 1AD is available in sizes 295/75R22.5 and 11R22.5, both Load Range G, and can use the popular G572 Goodyear UniCircle and precure retread products.
“Today’s trucking fleets are looking at every avenue and method to optimize their equipment outlay, fuel expenditure, and other investments,” said Buckham.
“The new G572 1AD – along with Goodyear’s other industry-leading tires, business solutions, services and profitability tools – make Goodyear the Total Package Solution for fleets that want to lower their operating costs and achieve increased returns on their tire investment.”
Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems offers The Total Package Solution of industry-leading tires, services and profitability tools to help commercial trucking fleets lower their total cost of ownership. To learn more, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.