18 companies named division winners in TCA safety awards
Two grand prizes will be awarded during the annual TCA convention in Las Vegas next month.
The Trucker News Services
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Eighteen companies have been named division winners in the Truckload Carriers Association37th annual National Fleet Safety Awards.
Sponsored by Great West Casualty Company, the awards recognize trucking companies that demonstrate a superior commitment to safety and accident reduction. Division winners will be recognized at the annual TCA convention in Las Vegas March 3-6 where they will compete for two grand prizes, one in the “less than 25 million annual miles” category and one in the “25 million or more annual miles” category.
“These division winners are examples of what to do right when it comes to operating safely. Being named the safest truckload carriers in the nation is not easy. They should be very proud of their achievement,” said Harry Kimball, chairman of TCA’s Safety & Security Division and vice president of risk management for Western Flyer Express at Oklahoma City.
Below are the names of the 2012 top divisional winners based on low accident frequency ratios per million miles. Companies are listed according to the order that they placed within each category. To win the grand prize, companies will be judged on their overall safety programs, both on- and off-highway, including employee driver/independent contractor selection procedures, training, supervision, accident investigation, inspection and maintenance of equipment, and outside activities including general highway safety.
(Less than 5 million miles)
1. FTC Transportation, Inc., Oklahoma City, Okla.
2. Weinrich Truck Line, Inc., Hinton, Iowa
3. AAT Carriers, Chattanooga, Tenn.
Division II Winners
(5-14.99 million miles)
1. Fortune Transportation, Windom, Minn.
2. Southland Transportation Co., Boonville, N.C.
3. Brian Kurtz Trucking, LTD, Breslau, Ontario
Division III Winners
(15-24.99 million miles)
1. A&A Express, Inc., Brandon, S.D.
2. Convoy Systems LLC, Kansas City, Kan.
3. Fleetmaster Express Inc., Roanoke, Va.
Division IV Winners
(25-49.99 million miles)
1. Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wis.
2. N. Yanke Transfer Ltd., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
3. Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Fremont, Neb.
Division V Winners
(50-99.99 million miles)
1. Groupe Robert, Inc., Rougemont, Québec
2. Hirschbach Motor Lines Inc., East Dubuque, Ill.
3. Navajo Express, Inc., Denver
Division VI Winners
(100 million or more miles)
1. Bison Transport, Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba
2. Gordon Trucking Inc., Pacific, Wash.
3. FFE Transportation Services Inc., Lancaster, Texas
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.