Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs competition slated for June 20-22 in Tomah, Wis.
The Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs competition is the premier truck beauty contest for actively working trucks. Owner-operator truckers from across the United States and Canada will compete for cash and prizes valued at approximately $25,000. Twelve drivers will also be selected to have their truck featured in the 2014 Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs calendar. Above is the 2012 Best of Show winner. (Courtesy Shell)
The Trucker News Services
TOMAH, Wis. — The 31st annual Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs competition will be held June 20-22 in Tomah, Wis. as part of the Budweiser Dairyland Super National Truck & Tractor Pull. Shell Rotella SuperRigs contestants and attendees will be able to see some of the best looking trucks and enjoy the high-powered excitement of the National Tractor Pullers Association (NTPA) competition at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.
The Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs competition is the premier truck beauty contest for actively working trucks. Owner-operator truckers from across the United States and Canada will compete for cash and prizes valued at approximately $25,000. Twelve drivers will also be selected to have their truck featured in the 2014 Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs calendar.
“The 31st Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs will combine the stunning looking trucks that we see each year at ROTELLA SuperRigs along with the high-powered tractors and trucks competing in the NTPA pull at the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals,” said Chris Guerrero, global brand manager, Shell Rotella. “This is the first time we have joined the hard working truckers of Rotella SuperRigs with another major event and we expect this to be a great weekend of competition.”
Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs entrants can register on site upon arrival and enter the judging line whenever they are ready. Judging will take place between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, June 20 and 21, and between 7:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 22. Judging takes about 20 minutes, and contestants do not need to be present to win. The presentation ceremony for the awards will take place at 1:30 p.m. on June 22.
The truck beauty contest is free to all participants. Every entrant will receive a gift package consisting of one gallon of Shell Rotella T Triple Protection® engine oil; one gallon of Shell Rotella® ELC Extended Life Coolant, a MyMilesMatter Rewards card valued at 2,500 miles, and a Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs® t-shirt and hat, while supplies last.
Shell Rotella also has a strong presence in the NTPA, sponsoring three-time Mini Modified champion puller Larry Koester and his son Adam, the 2007 NTPA Mini Modified champion. Both will compete in their Shell Rotella-sponsored tractors in Tomah and will be available to meet Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs attendees.
The NTPA Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals will be held beginning on Thursday night and two sessions each will be held on Friday and Saturday and the finals will be Sunday. Pullers will be competing in the first round of the Shell Rotella Cup, which is awarded based on points earned in the NTPA’s events in Tomah, Wis., Chapel Hill, Tenn. and Bowling Green, Ohio. The Shell Rotella Cup program allows participating pullers to compete for additional recognition and prize money.
Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs Highlights
- Koester Racing team will sign autographs and greet fans at two locations: Scully Oil Company on Tuesday, June 18 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. - 1005 Hwy 82, Mauston, Wis.; Advance Auto Parts store on Wednesday, June 19 from 10am - 2pm. - 1820 North Superior Avenue, Tomah, Wis.
· The SuperRigs light contest will be held at 9 p.m. on Friday followed by the annual trucker’s parade showcasing Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs® contestants.
· Fireworks, sponsored by Advance Auto Parts, will be held on Friday night at approximately 10 p.m. at Recreation Park.
· The Shell Rotella Road Show which uses visual demonstrations to highlight the hardworking capabilities and benefits of Shell Rotella® heavy duty engine oils will be open during the entire three-day event.
· Saturday will include an on-site live auction in which all proceeds will be donated to benefit the Veterans Assistance Association. A variety of items will be auctioned, miscellaneous racing memorabilia; including the deck lid from the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil car of Joey Logano which featured Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs® in the Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 17.
Trucks entered in Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs are judged by industry professionals who work for major trucking publications or broadcast companies. Judges score the rigs on exterior appearance, design, detail/finish, originality, and workmanship. In total, 24 working trucks receive awards for categories such as Best of Show, Tractor, Tractor/Trailer Combination and Classic.
Hard working truckers that can’t attend the Rotella SuperRigs can enter Rotella Virtual SuperRigs through July 10. Drivers can upload a photo of their truck for a chance to be the Rotella Virtual SuperRigs People’s Choice Winner. The truck with the most votes will win $500 and voting is open until July 31.
The Shell Rotella Energized Protection portfolio is led by three premium heavy duty engine oils that provide protection in three critical areas by helping to control acids, deposits and wear. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic SAE 5W-40 oil, offers protection for the latest low-emissions technology for after treatment systems and helps promote energy savings and maintenance savings. Shell Rotella T5 Synthetic Blend Technology oil is formulated to provide fuel economy and improved low-temperature flow. Shell Rotella T Triple Protection oil has shown up to a 22 percent reduction in iron wear.
Shell ROTELLA SuperRigs Event Schedule
Thursday, June 20
· 7:30 am Event Registration/Judging Line
· 5:00 pm Registration/Judging Close for the day
· 10:30 pm Mini Truck Parade On Track
· 5:00 pm Grandstand/Track Area Gates Open
· 7:00 pm Light Unlimited, TWD, Super Stock Open, Modified Mini tractors
Friday, June 21
· 7:30 am Event Registration/Judging Line Opens
· 3:00 pm Mini Truck Parade On Track
· 5:00 pm Registration/Judging Closes
· 5:30 pm Contestant Dinner
· 9:00 pm SuperRigs Lights Contest
· 10:00 pm Truck Parade On Track/Fireworks
· 9:30 am Grandstand/Track Area Gates Open
· 11:00 am Super Farm Tractor, Light Super Stock Tractor, Light Unlimited, Super Stock
· 6:00 pm Modified Tractor, Pro Stock Tractor, FWD Trucks, Super Semis
Saturday, June 22
· 7:30 am Event Registration/Judging Line Opens
· 10:00 am Live Charity Auction
· 11:00 am Registration Line Closes
· 12:00 pm Judging Line Closes
· 1:30 pm Shell Rotella SuperRigs Awards Presentation and Charity Check Presentation
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.