Landstar opens training, service center in Metroplex
The new center is expected to be the most-visited field location, replacing the now-outgrown property in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The Trucker News Services
FORT WORTH, Texas — Landstar System has opened a training and service center near the heavily-travelled Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to provide its Business Capacity Owners — Landstar’s term for the independent contractors who provide the company with transportation capacity under exclusive lease arrangements — a safe and comfortable home away from home.
The $6 million, 10-acre facility provides showers, free laundry equipment, a state-of-the-art truck-driving simulator, classrooms for safety, business and load securement training, as well as onsite staff support for all Landstar BCOs.
The new site is expected to be the most-visited field location, replacing the now-outgrown property in Grand Prairie, Texas.
"The investment in our new Fort Worth location reaffirms Landstar's commitment to the BCO. With a first-class atmosphere offering orientation and additional opportunities for a BCO to develop his or her own unique career path, Landstar further solidifies its position as the very best company for owner-operators," Rocco Davanzo, Landstar executive vice president for capacity development, said.
The new center welcomed its first BCOs the week of June 23 and had a formal grand opening on July 10, complete with a ribbon-cutting and a Texas-sized barbeque luncheon afterward for more than 100 attendees.
Some specifics about the new location include:
• There are three large classrooms furnished with the latest audio-visual equipment. The classrooms are separated by soundproof partitions that can be folded away to host larger meetings or other company events in a single room.
• Lounge/breakroom with multiple TVs, tables and chairs.
• Free laundry facility with commercial-grade washers and dryers.
• Business center with six computers for use by the BCOs.
• Large, private shower rooms.
• Completely paved, fenced and secure parking area.
• 140 tractor-trailer parking spaces, plus 150 spaces for cars.
• Easy access for trucks from Texas Highway 183, near Highway 360.
"We're pleased to be able to offer Landstar BCOs this brand new home away from home with more amenities and more parking," Landstar Chairman and CEO Henry Gerkens said. "This new facility is further evidence of Landstar's commitment to our BCOs, who are independent business owners, on their own, but not alone."
Landstar is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.