LOUISVILLE, Ky. — ALK Technologies, a provider of GeoLogistics solutions and navigation software, has launched its CoPilot Truck GPS mobile navigation app.
The app is available as a free download for 14 days on the Google Play Store for Android-based smartphones and tablets.
“We’re pleased to provide a cost effective solution that can help independents and small fleet owner-operators stay safe and compliant on the road,” said Bill Nimchuk, senior product manager, ALK Technologies. “CoPilot Truck GPS enables drivers to avoid unnecessary expenses such as fines and the resultant hit to their CSA score which can have a negative effect on their overall business and income.”
CoPilot Truck GPS includes a 14-day trial of:
• Industry Standard PC*MILER Routing. Nimchuk said CoPilot Truck GPS is the only app that uses industry standard PC*MILER routing to calculate an optimal route based on vehicle size/class and the load, including Hazmat, to ensure drivers stay safe and compliant to regulations above all else.
• Route Planning. Drivers can plan or modify routes with CoPilot Truck GPS’s trip optimization feature, which optimizes up to 50 stops to find the best order. Plus, the app comes with millions of offline points of interest (POIs) including truck services, rest areas and diesel fuel stations.
• Offline Maps. With CoPilot Truck GPS’s high-quality offline maps, Nimchuk said no mobile internet is needed. The maps are stored directly on the phone or tablet. Drivers don’t have to worry about incurring high data costs or losing guidance in spotty coverage, two concerns that typically arise with online navigation apps.
Other features include:
• Unique directions-only guidance view and Motion Lock to minimize driver distraction in the cab
• Ability to drag any route to fully customize the exact trip itinerary needed
• Advanced lane guidance with real road signage to safely maneuver lane changes well in advance
• Real-time ActiveTraffic service to stay up-to-date with live traffic alerts, and
• Posted speed limit display plus audio and visual alerts notifying the driver when they’ve exceeded the limit, keeping their CSA score in good standing.
For more information about ALK’s CoPilot Truck navigation solutions, visit www.copilottruck.com.
For more information on ALK Technologies, visit www.alk.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at firstname.lastname@example.org.Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.