PRINCETON, N.J. — ALK Technologies has announced that ALK Maps is now available within the Oracle Transportation Management Cloud and on-premise versions 6.4.0 and higher. ALK is a Gold member of the Oracle Partner Network.
ALK Maps provides high-quality map displays that allow the Oracle Transportation Management user base of shippers, private fleets, and logistics service providers to assess route plans for improved decision-making and overall network optimization, according to Rishi Mehra, director of web products. Users can customize the map display by adding stop markers, selecting colors for various mode types and status, or changing line styles.
With ALK Maps, Mehra said Oracle Transportation Management Cloud customers can also benefit from:
• Real-time supply chain visibility of orders, in-transit loads, facilities and freight status, including estimated times of arrival
• Customizable route plans for greater resource utilization
• Enhanced lane and bid analysis
• Live traffic and weather overlays allowing users to identify potential pickup and delivery impacts
• Improved operational consistency and productivity for Oracle Transportation Management Cloud customers using PC*MILER as their External Distance Engine (EDE)
In addition, ALK Maps provides worldwide street-level data, a satellite map style with street-level display, and the ability to geocode custom places for precise location needs.
“ALK Maps can help extend Oracle Transportation Management Cloud customers’ experience when visualizing, monitoring or planning shipments and assets,” Mehra said. “We are very pleased with how we have leveraged Oracle Cloud for our visualization and transportation solutions, which incorporate a single source of commercial routing data for true operational consistency.”
For more information on ALK Maps visit alkmaps.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.