COOKEVILLE, Tenn. — Averitt Express, a freight transportation and supply chain management provider, has announced that the company has added online invoices to its robust suite of tools available at www.averittexpress.com.
Specific benefits of the new tool include:
• 24/7 access to view all open invoices
• Ability to list all open invoices or search by invoice date, pickup date, delivery date, PRO number, bill of lading number, or PO number
• Electronic invoice and/or supporting documentation requests, which save shippers time by reducing the need for phone calls
• Specific invoice and supporting documentation can be delivered as a single PDF file via e-mail
• Faster invoice availability and reduced billing cycle time
• Automatic and regular updates ensure the online invoice is always the most current
It simply made sense to add this feature to the company’s list of online services that includes detailed shipment tracking, LTL and volume/truckload rate quotes, shipment reporting, pickup scheduling and electronic bill of lading creation, according to Phil Pierce, executive vice president of sales and marketing.
"More and more of our customers prefer electronic methods of doing business, so this is a natural progression for Averitt," Pierce said. "Our online invoices will save shippers time and allow them to bill their customers quicker since they will receive their invoices quicker."
In addition to its new online invoices tool, Averitt saidit is currently developing an e-mail invoicing service that will allow its customers to opt out of receiving paper invoices. The company expects to make that service available within the next few months.
For more information about Averitt’s full suite of online tools, visit www.averittexpress.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.