AKRON, Ohio — Owner-operators and small fleets that sign up for the Goodyear Smart Fleet program during the 2015 Great American Trucking Show (GATS) will receive the opportunity to win a set of two Goodyear Fuel Max LHS steer tires.
GATS will take place Aug. 27-29 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
The Goodyear Fuel Max LHS and the Goodyear Fuel Max LHD G505D together comprise the most fuel-efficient long haul tire combination in North America, according to a company news release.
“We are excited about giving GATS attendees the opportunity to win a set of Fuel Max LHS tires,” said Brian Buckham, general manager, product marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “And we are equally excited about enrolling GATS attendees in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program, which is Goodyear’s national account program for owner-operators and small fleets.”
Benefits of Goodyear Smart Fleet membership include:
• Access to premium Goodyear brand truck tires, retreads and technologies, including Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which incorporates fuel-saving compounds, tread designs and constructions to help lower rolling resistance, and Goodyear DuraSeal Technology, the industry’s only built-in, self-sealing tire technology;
• Online, published pricing on new Goodyear tires, retreads and services – honored by participating Goodyear commercial tire dealerships;
• Goodyear-Fleet HQ 24/7 Emergency Roadside Service, which has helped more than one million trucks return to service and offers an industry-leading average roll-time of two hours and 11 minutes. “Goodyear Smart Fleet members do not have to pay a dispatch fee for road service calls,” said Jose Martinez, business solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems;
• Customized tire performance and service activity reporting; and
• Tools to help owner-operators and fleets lower their operating costs.
“Through the Goodyear Smart Fleet program, all prices are published at national account rates,” said Martinez. “Goodyear Smart Fleet members will receive the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire dealership, so there are no pricing surprises while away from home.”
Members of the extensive Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Network “are ready to assist Goodyear Smart Fleet members with the products and services they need to help keep their trucks moving,” noted Martinez.
There is no cost to join the Goodyear Smart Fleet program, which has enjoyed a 36 percent membership increase year-to-date, he says.
GATS attendees who enroll in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program during the show will receive up to a $250 mail-in rebate ($25 per tire on up to 10 select Goodyear commercial truck tires) for their first purchase. The rebate form will arrive in a Goodyear Smart Fleet membership package.
GATS attendees can enroll in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program and enter the sweepstakes to win a set of Goodyear Fuel Max LHS tires at two show locations: inside Goodyear’s main GATS booth (#14077) and at a special Goodyear Smart Fleet booth in the lobby of the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. (See official rules for details.)
Owner-operators and small fleets not attending GATS can still enroll in the Goodyear Smart Fleet program by visiting www.goodyeartrucktires.com/smartfleet, but will not be eligible for the Goodyear Fuel Max LHS tire sweepstakes.
“The Goodyear Smart Fleet program and Goodyear’s Fuel Max tires are important parts of Goodyear’s Total Package Solution for fleets of all sizes,” said Martinez. “We look forward to meeting with GATS attendees to discuss how they can benefit from joining the Goodyear Smart Fleet program and how Goodyear can help them reduce their operating costs.”
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.