The Environmental Protection Agency and DOT’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have published their formal fuel efficiency regulations for on-road, heavy-duty vehicles on the Federal Register.
Comments on all aspects of the proposal must be received on or before Jan. 31, 2011.
EPA’s proposed greenhouse gas emission standards under the Clean Air Act begin with model year 2014 and NHTSA’s proposed fuel consumption standards under the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 would be voluntary in model years 2014 and 2015 and become mandatory in 2016 for most of the regulatory categories.
Comments must be identified by Docket ID No. NHTSA–2010–0079 and/or EPA–HQ–OAR–2010–0162, by one of the following methods:
• http://www.regulations.gov: Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
• E-mail: email@example.com.
• Fax: NHTSA: (202) 493–2251; EPA:
• Mail: NHTSA: Docket Management Facility, M–30, U.S. Department ofTransportation, West Building, Ground Floor, Rm. W12–140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590.
EPA: Air Docket, Environmental Protection Agency, EPA Docket Center, Mailcode: 6102T, 1200 PennsylvaniaAve., NW., Washington, DC 20460. In addition, please mail a copy of your comments on the information collection provisions to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Attn: Desk Officer for EPA, 725 17th St., NW., Washington, DC 20503.
• Hand Delivery: NHTSA: West Building, Ground Floor, Rm. W12–140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time,
Monday through Friday, except Federal Holidays.
EPA: EPA Docket Center, (Air Docket), U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency, EPA West Building, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Room: 3334,
Mail Code 2822T, Washington, DC.
Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket’s normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Instructions: Direct your comments t Docket ID No. NHTSA–2010–0079 and/ or EPA–HQ–OAR–2010–0162. See the
All documents in the docket are listed in the http://www.regulations.gov index. Although
listed in the index, some information is not publicly available.
The Trucker staff may be contacted to comment at firstname.lastname@example.org.