THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. reports that it received the Piedmont Business Ethics Award at the 10th Annual Piedmont Business Ethics Award Luncheon held in Greensboro, N.C. on April 20.
Sponsored by the Greensboro chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, the award is presented annually to Piedmont Triad companies that demonstrate a firm commitment to ethical business practices in everyday operations, management philosophies and responses to crisis or challenges.
“On behalf of the entire Old Dominion family, customers and partners, we are extremely honored with our selection to receive the Piedmont Business Ethics Award,” said David Congdon, president and CEO of Old Dominion. “For more than 75 years, Old Dominion has been in the business of keeping promises with our key stakeholders, and one of the integral parts of this is our commitment to maintaining ethical business practices in everything we do.”
Award recipients were selected by an independent panel of judges drawn from academia, business, public service, media and the ethics community. Companies entered the competition in one of four categories based on their number of employees. Overall criteria included:
· An executive commitment to business ethics.
· A corporate code of ethics/conduct, which clearly communicates the company’s requirement for honesty, integrity and compliance with the law in all business dealings.
· A means for employees, customers and other parties to bring ethical problems or conflicts to the attention of management, and a mechanism for resolution.
· A clear communication of the company’s ethical standards.
· A community commitment that is demonstrated by involvement in local, regional and/or national issues.
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. is a less-than-truckload multi-regional motor carrier providing one-to-five day service among six regions in the United States and next-day and second-day service within these regions. Through its four product groups, OD-Domestic, OD-Expedited, OD-Global and OD-Technology, the company offers an array of products and services that provide direct service to 48 states within the Southeast, Gulf Coast, Northeast, Midwest, Central and West regions of the country.
Kevin Jones of The Trucker staff can be reached for comment at email@example.com.
Follow The Trucker on Twitter at www.twitter.com/truckertalk.