PRINCETON, N.J. — ALK Technologies Tuesday announced that the 30th version of its PC*MILER truck routing, mileage and mapping software is now available.
PC*MILER 30 brings a number of pre-trip planning enhancements, including a unique weather visualization tool to enable transportation companies to understand the weather’s direct impact on their business, according to Kara Jo O’Neil, senior product manager.
“Our goal is to continue to develop technology that empowers our customers to make confident, informed decisions to boost their bottom line and help ensure fleet safety while on the road,” O’Neil said. “With access to critical insight into weather conditions during route planning, dispatchers can make knowledgeable decisions to steer drivers on safer routes, if necessary, as well as understand the possible delays due to severe weather conditions.”
In PC*MILER 30, dispatchers can toggle the display of weather radar and alerts as well as visual cloud layer.
Current weather-related events are clearly identified on the map and alerts are optionally provided if the generated route plan intersects with an alert zone.
O’Neil said dispatchers can then analyze the alert type, effective and expiration times, certainty, severity and urgency ratings in order to make critical decisions about routing drivers around hazardous areas or notifying customers of potential delays.
PC*MILER 30 also brings the ability to:
• Set a maximum governor road speed for more accurate ETAs and drive times.
• Factor in new government mandated 60/70-hour-duty limits for Hours of Service compliance and to maintain high CSA scores.
• Insert an HOS compliant stop or break location directly into the route with predefined, custom places for quick pre-planning.
• Access the latest street-level maps of North America with updated addresses, roadways, and commercial restrictions.
• Send an optimized stop list from PC*MILER Interactive directly to a driver through ALK’s standalone CoPilot Truck in-cab navigation app, helping to ensure legally compliant executed truck routes that eliminate manual address entry and maximize driver miles per day
“We’re proud that a product created 30 years ago continues to evolve with the industry’s needs while still maintaining its original intention of providing transportation companies a trusted source for reliable and accurate truck routing, mileage and mapping, “said Michael Kornhauser, executive vice president and general manager at ALK Technologies. “PC*MILER’s longevity is a true testament to the importance of building software with a strong foundation and a focus on innovation driven by the voice of our customers.”
PC*MILER runs on Microsoft Windows, UNIX and Linux platforms as well as IBM AS/400 (iSeries) and mainframe computers.
PC*MILER is also available as a web-based application for access anywhere, anytime. It can also be seamlessly integrated with leading transportation and supply chain management systems.
For more information on PC*MILER visit www.pcmiler.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.