DENTON, Texas — Distinctive. Unmistakable. Uniquely Peterbilt.
Those are just a few of the praises being used by Peterbilt Motors Co. officials to describe the new special edition Pride & Class Model 389, which is now in production and shipping to customers and Peterbilt dealerships throughout North America.
“Peterbilt has defined the look of trucking for generations and the new Model 389 Pride & Class embodies that spirit of bold design and legendary craftsmanship,” said Darrin Siver, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice president. “Stylistically this truck deserves a place on a pedestal or in a museum, but it is every bit the workhorse that customers expect from a Peterbilt.
“It’s a head-turning tribute to an industry classic that keeps on innovating.”
The Pride & Class edition features many unique features both inside and out.
Numerous bright exterior accessories and interior accents provide a customized, show-truck-ready look. Insignias in the cab and on the sleeper identify the Model 389 as an exclusive Pride & Class edition, Siver noted.
“The Pride & Class edition appeals to all truck owners who take pride in their vehicles and want to make a lasting impression,” he said, adding that some fleets will be using the Pride & Class edition as a reward truck for their best drivers.
Pride & Class exterior features are from the bloodlines of iconic Peterbilts, such as:
• A louvered grille design reminiscent of Peterbilt’s Model 351 (first manufactured in 1954) and manufactured from durable polished steel
• A highly polished hood crown
• A brightly polished hood spine
• Polished metal hood air intake vents fashioned in the style of the original 1939’s egg crate grille pattern and integrated with the Peterbilt logo
• Bright metal front fenders evocative of the Model 379X
• Large polished exterior sun visor, bumper and exhaust stacks, and
• Polished rocker panels complementing the bright cowl skirts, battery box, fuel tanks and trimmed mud flaps.
The Model 389 Pride & Class edition is standard with Peterbilt’s Platinum interior and features many unique accents, such as:
• Arctic gray color complemented by a charcoal dash top
• Blackwood trim accents throughout, including the dash, door pads and sleeper cabinets
• Chrome door handles, bright-bezel gauges and a special four-spoke metal steering wheel with leather wrap
• Bright shifter plate with Pride & Class logo and a Blackwood shifter knob
• Premium black leather seats with the Pride & Class emblem embroidered in the headrests, and
• Thick black carpeting throughout the cab and sleeper.
The Model 389 Pride & Class edition can be ordered as a day cab or with a 72- or 78-inch sleeper.
For more information, visit www.peterbilt.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.