SAN DIEGO — Rand McNally Sunday introduced significant enhancements to its TruckPC mobile communication system.
The announcement came at the annual Truckload Carriers’ Association Annual Convention under way here.
TruckPC is a fully compliant electronic on-board recorder (EOBR) that automatically tracks and manages Hours of Service, making it the solution of choice to enable companies to meet new CSA requirements, according to Dave Muscatel, CEO.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________TruckPC now provides award-winning navigation; enhanced behavior- and truck-monitoring systems; workflow; in-cab video training; 2-way communication; an improved and easy-to-use back-end monitoring system; and on-board scanning.
“We knew when we took an ownership stake in DriverTech last fall that they had a great product. These latest enhancements, including the integration of Rand McNally’s award-winning IntelliRoute TND software, make it that much better. We are very excited about the value proposition we can bring to customers.
Muscatel said new TruckPC upgrades include:
• Fully integrated navigation and truck tool features from Rand McNally: Proprietary truck-specific routing, points of interest, road construction, turn by turn directions, and mileage calculation capabilities are now fully integrated into the TruckPC.
• Driver behavior monitoring: Enhanced warnings alert drivers to sharp curves, steep hills, speed limit changes, state boundaries, road construction, time zone changes and on/off duty changes. Over Speed Limit Indicator changes with the designated speed limit for the road segment. All of these events can be reported back and analyzed.
• Workflow: Step-by-step instructions customized for events such as pre-trip inspections, or customer service with location specific procedures. Workflow enables a company to manage complex tasks with confirmation of completion from the driver.
• Performance Stability: Upgraded hardware with 1.6 GHz processor and solid-state hard drive eliminates moving parts, enhancing the performance stability of the unit. The latest Windows® embedded software ensures that this unit will be current as software technology evolves.
• Mapping enhancements to FleetWatcher: The back-end monitoring and analysis tool now includes interactive satellite mapping.
Rand McNally’s TruckPC, introduced in October 2010, is the first in a line of products anticipated from the joint development agreement between Rand McNally and DriverTech.
For more information, visit www.randmcnally.com/truckpc for more information.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.