GLENVIEW, Ill. — Teletrac Navman, a global provider of GPS tracking and fleet management solutions, Tuesday announced the release of its software platform Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR.
Now available worldwide, the new fleet management platform intelligently tracks assets and collects valuable data to meet a range of business needs and to drive enhanced productivity for customers.
“We’re very excited to announce the launch of our global product DIRECTOR,” said Renaat Ver Eecke, president. “The dynamic new platform offers capabilities that cater to a variety of market needs in regions around the world. The data provided in DIRECTOR empowers businesses with the information they need to efficiently manage their fleets regardless of where their operations are located.”
Offering fuel use tracking, messaging and routing, along with driver behavior analysis tools and concise reporting features, DIRECTOR helps businesses fine tune their strategies and reduce operating costs, Eecke said. Its signature safety module, called Safety Analytics, scores driver performance based on company priorities and replays unsafe driving events to aid driver training. DIRECTOR’s dashboards accumulate information to show trends that would otherwise go unseen, giving companies the insight they need to succeed, he added.
“DIRECTOR brings data about vehicles’ location and activity, workflow and forms, real-time maps, maintenance alerts and safety into a single screen to serve as the nerve center for a fleet’s operation,” said Paresh Nagda, chief technology officer, Teletrac Navman. “This versatility, further enhanced by advanced capabilities such as vehicle diagnostics, visual dashboards and comprehensive reporting empowers businesses with unparalleled information about their assets and work in the field.”
DIRECTOR is a completely web-based application for fleets in a variety of industries, from long-haul transportation to construction in markets from North America to Europe, Australia, and Asia, and is scalable to regions around the globe.
Teletrac Navman is also developing the electronic logging device (ELD) feature, set to launch in early 2017.
The feature is designed to help businesses easily comply with federal regulations while still allowing them to focus on their core business strategies.
The engineering team behind DIRECTOR took the ELD Final Rule into account when creating the Dashboards feature, which provides comprehensive Hours of Service information on an individual and fleet-wide level, Nagda said.
Features and capabilities of the platform include:
• Configurable live alerts with email notifications for unauthorized vehicle use, excessive idle time or speeding;
• Workflow and dashboard features for quick assignment facilitation and easy job completion analysis;
• Live traffic maps powered by Google and comprehensive search capabilities by address, site, latitude and longitude coordinates, or points of interest;
• Professional and enterprise reporting for fleet utilization, delivery schedules, driver based fuel efficiency and safety factors, and maintenance and time management reports; and
• Administrative tools for API support, exporting vehicle summaries, developing configuration templates and managing user access, along with advanced tools for password security, user permissions, logs and activity reports, and Bulk Import Tools for driver and site management.
To learn more about Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR, visit www.teletracnavman.com.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.