NORTH CANTON, Ohio — The Timken Co., a global provider of tapered roller bearings, has expanded its product offering to include a full line of commercial vehicle wheel end components.
By combining commercial vehicle seals and wheel end products with Timken quality and engineering expertise, customers can ensure their wheel end system is made 100 percent of Timken components, according to Dan Humphrey, manager for the commercial vehicle aftermarket.
“Taking a system approach to wheel end part selection can mean trouble-free installation because all the components will fit correctly, install easily and can keep turning reliably for more miles,” Humphrey said. “Automotive aftermarket customers who turn to Timken for wheel end parts can expect reliable service, simplified through a single-supplier selection.”
Timken commercial vehicle wheel end components include tapered roller bearings, seals, nuts, hub caps, hubodometers and accessory tools, Humphrey said, adding the following information:
• Timken tapered roller bearings, the core of wheel end components, do all the heavy lifting. The bearings are designed to roll easier, install faster and last longer than ever.
• Timken seals with advanced internal geometries help keep lubrication in and debris out. Timken seals are available in a variety of materials to meet fleet needs in a range of sizes to fit all common power units and trailers. We also offer seal installation tools.
• The Timken Axilock nut is designed for more accurate end-play setting compared with typical three-piece nuts. The nut also installs easily, which reduces time in the bay and can help ensure installation is done right.
• Durable construction and a secure fit ensure Timken hub caps provide a strong defense, warding off weather and helping protect wheel end components from damage.
• Timken hubodometers are designed and built for the long haul and provide accurate information needed to alert you that it is time to bring a unit in for service.
• Hot Dots provide an at-a-glance indication of overheated wheel ends, serving as a visual cue for technicians and drivers.
• Timken dial indicators help take precise measurements to set the correct clearance when installing wheel end bearings.
Timken supplies product quality, increasing confidence in both product durability and performance to help keep fleets on the road longer.
For more information visit www.timken.com/aftermarket.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.