LANSING, Mich. — A bill that would infuse $175 million more into Michigan roads and bridge this year has taken another step forward in the Legislature.
SALT LAKE CITY — Drivers stuck at a stoplight with no traffic in sight could get the legal green light to run a red light under legislation that the Utah Department of Transportation vigorously opposes.
Freight highways and bridges don’t just spring up magically like toadstools after a rain. State and local governments have to plan for them, taking into consideration population trends, highway bottlenecks, types of commodities being transported, funding sources and more.
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Federal investigators are looking into the death last week of a truck driver killed when a section of electrical conduit fell through his windshield.
Researchers say only about 5 percent of men pay for sex, so it’s time for the other 95 percent to stand up and say, “this is not who we are” and let the 5 percent know it’s time to put an end to sex trafficking because if there were no demand, it wouldn’t exist.
Operators of trucks and buses based in California will be unable to register their vehicles at the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles beginning in 2020 if they don’t meet truck and bus regulations for cleaner air, according to the California Air Resources Board (CARB).