Peterbilt schedules stops for 'Legend Continues Tour'
The tour is designed to showcase the new Model 579 as well as share the excitement with our customers and dealers, the company said.
The Trucker News Services
DENTON, Texas — Peterbilt Motors Co. has announced the tour dates for the new Model 579’s “Legend Continues Tour.”
Now through November 2012, tour stops will take place at more than 40 Peterbilt dealer locations across the U.S and Canada.
The interactive tour will allow for dealers and their customers the opportunity to experience first-hand all of the new Model 579 features and benefits.
“This tour is designed to showcase the new Model 579 as well as share the excitement with our customers and dealers,” said Bill Kozek, Peterbilt general manager and PACCAR vice president. “The 579 is the most innovative vehicle in Peterbilt’s history, providing our customers the highest quality product, with superior aerodynamics, unmatched comfort and exceptional reliability.”
The Legend Continues Tour features an interactive 53-foot double-expandable trailer with approximately 1,000 square feet of display space. The climate controlled trailer includes kiosks and display properties that highlight the Model 579’s innovative design features, technology, and performance leadership.
THE RECENT INCREASE IN FREIGHT VOLUME MEANS NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ON GOTRUCKERS.COM. CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS.
The Model 579 Tour Trailer will also include the following:
• Cab and sleeper cutaway displays allow customers to easily access the interior design of the cab and sleeper to experience the spacious and ergonomic layout.
• An interactive “Technology Zone” features innovative design components of the Model 579 such as the headlamps, the driver information panel, SmartNav, and new multi-function steering wheel controls.
• Graphic depictions of the performance attributes of the Model 579 include videos of reliability testing to 2.2 million miles, aerodynamic efficiency, and the strong, lightweight chassis design.
• PACCAR MX Engine technology is on display as well, highlighting key engine components such as the encapsulated wiring, connecting rods and robust camshaft to illustrate PACCAR’s diesel engine design precision and quality.
• Peterbilt’s New Revolution Seats, and on display, feature two-chamber lumbar support, adjustable side bolsters, adjustable suspension dampening, heating and ventilation options, and additional storage pockets.
“2012 has proven to be one of our most exciting years as we celebrated the highly-anticipated launch of the new Model 579,” said Robert Woodall, Peterbilt director of sales & marketing. “This exciting tour combined with the enthusiasm our dealers have for the 579 will provide an excellent experience to see first-hand the advantage of owning of this exciting new product.”
For a complete list of tour stops, click here.
The Trucker staff can be reached for comment at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.