New Waverly Transportation
New Waverly Transportation (NWT) sustains year-round freight options. Although primarily dedicated to building materials, NWT offers owner-operators a variety of other commodities to haul, such as steel, iron and pipe.
New Waverly Transportation (NWT) began as a one-truck corporation in New Waverly, Texas, in the early 1980s. Joining forces with Louisiana Pacific Corporation (LP) in 1994, NWT merged with LP’s private fleet of trucks and began running under LP’s authority. Operating primarily in Texas and Louisiana, NWT transformed into an all owner-operator fleet in 2001 upon liquidation of LP’s private truck fleet. Expanding its service area and customer base, New Waverly Transportation began operations in the Southeast and Eastern U.S. in an effort to better service its growing customer base, as well as to support LP’s freight demands. With offices in Lufkin, Texas, and Hanceville, Alabama, NWT experienced rapid and successful growth.
In late 2007, as a result of a strategic corporate reorganization plan, NWT became more closely aligned with LP, closing its office in Lufkin, Texas, and moving its operations to Nashville, Tennessee, where LP’s corporate headquarters were located. The consolidation and alignment of offices and operational staff positioned NWT as a more cost effective and efficient trucking operation. The move to Nashville, as well as the operational merger between LP and NWT, aligned the companies’ dispatch and sales force in a more strategic manner, allowing for stronger relations and closer affiliation with LP’s central dispatch team.
Today, NWT operates 175 trucks and serves the Southeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states with terminals in East Texas, Alabama and North Carolina.
Core value of safety
NWT’s core value of safety is the foundation that guides the company’s daily work and decisions. Company leadership firmly believes that no one should get injured while running with NWT and that all accidents and injuries can be prevented. Running safely is a condition of NTW’s transportation lease. To that end, the company is committed to providing resources and training that will ensure safety on the road and at home. Working together NWT and owner-operators can establish and sustain an accident- and injury-free culture.
Perks and benefits
- Earn 88% of gross revenue;
- ACH settlement deposit and online viewing of weekly settlements;
- Save money at the pump with NWT’s fuel discount program;
- Consistent freight and no forced dispatch;
- 100% owner-operator company — no company trucks to compete with for freight;
- Fuel taxes filed and paid by NWT;
- Yearly safety bonus and safety awards;
- 100% fuel surcharge paid to the truck;
- Onboard mobile communication;
- Rand McNally onboard e-logs; and
- Open-door policy, with three field offices plus the corporate office to choose from.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Must have at least two years verifiable over-the-road experience.
- Must have at least six months of Flatbed experience.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must possess a valid CDL and be in good standing with DOT.
- Must have a current DOT physical and medical card (a new one required if card is older than 30 days).