Schuster Co. is a leader in refrigerated trucking transportation and product distribution in the U.S. The company takes great pride in its safety record and transportation solutions.
Schuster Co. is a family-owned and -operated company based in Northwest Iowa. Orville Schuster started Schuster Grain in 1956 with one truck hauling grain in and around Sioux City, Iowa. He continued to grow and expand the services of Schuster Grain to include refrigerated and dry van services, and the company’s name was changed to Schuster Co. to reflect the transition. Today, Schuster Co. is a leader in refrigerated trucking transportation and product distribution in the U.S. The company takes great pride in its safety record and transportation solutions. Schuster has top-quality, late-model equipment and completes all maintenance in-house. The company employs a highly qualified staff of shop personnel including the shop foreman, diesel mechanics, trailer mechanics, reefer repair specialists, tire specialists and body shop repair.
Why work for Schuster?
Our drivers are top priority.
Schuster is looking for qualified drivers and offers opportunities nationwide. The company is committed to the men and women who keep the wheels moving and the freight flowing, and goes the extra mile to provide its drivers with a support system. At Schuster, each driver is like part of the family — not just a steering wheel holder. Because the folks at Schuster realize the importance of work/life balance, they seek to provide a positive work environment and foster a solid home life, respected peer relations and strong customer affiliations.
In addition to a fun, welcoming and respectful work environment, Schuster offers competitive pay, top-of-the-line equipment and terrific benefits for Class A CDL truck drivers. The company has a policy of acting with honor, honesty and fairness, and each team member is held to the highest ethical standards.
A few of the benefits Schuster offers its company drivers and owner-operators include:
- Equipment: Drivers are assigned late model trucks with APUs, Cat Scale Mobile and Transflo Mobile+.
- OTR drivers average 2,500 to more than 3,000 miles per week.
- Midwest regional drivers average 2,200 to 2,400 miles per week.
- Competitive pay starting at 48 to 51 cents per mile, plus monthly safety and performance bonuses.
- $1,250 referral bonus.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement savings.
- Paid time off policy.
- Companion support program: At Schuster, they know how much drivers depend on their loved ones. Schuster is a proud pet-friendly company and has a rider program available.
- Veteran recognition.
- Wellness Program: Schuster wants its drivers feeling their best. Drivers have access to free yearly biometric screenings and coaching calls, insurance premium discounts, free use of local YMCA facilities, free onsite fitness classes and more.