As the trucking industry’s premier open deck carrier, we are known for integrity, innovation, highly trained drivers, impeccably maintained late-model equipment, superior safety record and unwavering dedication to quality and customer service.
With over 45 years of experience, TMC has the knowledge required to handle the needs of any business. While our strong culture of integrity, quality, and dedication to excellence drives our business forward, our employee ownership keeps us focused on what’s important: our partners. By providing the best training, technology, and resources to our employees, we are capable of developing dynamic solutions that are seamlessly implemented for each customer.
We are able to provide the very best service to our customers because we have hard working, dedicated employee owners. We appreciate their commitment to excellence and provide them with a comprehensive pay and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive pay with distinctions for individual performance
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance offered with expansive network of doctors and hospitals.
- Comprehensive prescription drug coverage
- Dental Insurance with in and out of network coverage levels.
- Vision Insurance to help keep yours costs low for exams and eyewear.
- Disability coverage to protect you from loss of income due to illness or injury.
- A legal services plan to help you and your family with legal needs.
- Reimbursement accounts that allow you to save taxes on eligible health care and dependent day care expenses.
- Robust life insurance coverage, including basic life at no cost to you, and the option to purchase additional supplemental life insurance.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Competitive 401k program with Employer Match
TMC also invests in your future by offering:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – In 2013, Harrold Annett established an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and TMC became an employee-owned company. Annett’s desire to establish a succession plan that maintains the culture of TMC while rewarding its employees for their dedication means that eligible employees are part owners at no cost to them through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). ESOP adds financial motivation and ownership responsibility, as research studies consistently show that employee-owned companies perform better than companies that are not employee-owned.
- Training and Education – TMC believes in assisting our employees with educational needs to help them with their daily jobs. We offer on-site computer training classes, seminars, and have a tuition assistance program allowing employees to take advantage of college-level courses.
- Quality Management – TMC commits to QUALITY, a process we have formalized at TMC. The program emphasizes process management and improvement, waste reduction, customer satisfaction and statistical control.
- Family Assistance Fund – Funded entirely by employee donations, TMC offers an assistance fund to employees who encounter a hardship situation.
- Fun For All – TMC is a family-focused company, offering unique fun opportunities for all. Whether it’s a company outing to the race track or fun at the ballpark, employees are rewarded with various incentives for their commitment to the company.
TMC IS PROUD TO BE EMPLOYEE-OWNED.
TMC became Employee-Owned in October 2013. This came as a result of CEO and Founder Harrold Annett’s desire to establish a succession plan that maintains the culture of TMC while rewarding its employees for their dedication. All eligible employees are part owners at no cost to them through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). ESOP adds financial motivation and ownership responsibility, as research studies consistently show that employee-owned companies perform better than companies that are not employee-owned.
Check out these Top 5 Reasons It’s Great to Work for an ESOP Company!
- JOB SECURITY Research studies consistently show that employee-owned companies perform better than companies that are not employee owned. TMC is living proof! Since establishing our ESOP in October 2013, our company has grown and prospered. Our driver fleet has grown, our logistics department has more than doubled in size, and we just broke ground on a bigger and better Indianapolis terminal.
- TOGETHER. EVERYONE. ACHIEVES. MORE.Employees tend to work harder when they’ve got some “skin in the game.” Being able to directly benefit from the overall success and profitability of the company adds significant financial motivation to work harder, think creatively, and work efficiently as a team. This synergy creates a far more rewarding work environment.
- MORE RETIREMENT ASSETS Most companies offer their employees a 401(k). TMC offers their employees a 401(k) in addition to their ESOP retirement savings plan. In fact, according to a 2010 study, 56% of ESOP companies offer their employees at least one additional retirement savings plan on top of their ESOP. As such, employees of ESOP companies tend to have far more in retirement assets than workers in comparable non-ESOP companies.
- INCREDIBLE GROWTH POTENTIAL The value of the ESOP is dependent on the success and profitability of the company, so the value of ESOP shares can fluctuate over time. Generally, a 7% growth is average, but if the company does especially well, there can be incredible share value increases year to year. Over time, ESOP allocations can add up to large numbers. Plus, unlike a 401(k), employees do not contribute any of their own money towards their ESOP, so anything they receive is extra and at no cost to them.
- RARE BENEFIT There is no such thing as a perfect job or a perfect company, and you’ll likely experience ups and downs no matter where you work. An ESOP is an amazing benefit that is incredibly rare to come by, as there are only approximately 10,000 ESOPs in place nationwide, with far fewer that are trucking companies.