The Trucker Media Group is the leading source of trucking industry news and truck driver recruitment for the long-haul trucking industry in the US, proudly serving the industry for over 30 years. In addition to TheTrucker.com, The Trucker Media Group is the publisher of The Trucker (industry-leading newspaper published twice a month for long-haul truck drivers), The Trucker Jobs Magazine (truck driver recruiting and editorial magazine published monthly) and Truckload Authority (the official publication of the Truckload Carriers Association published six times a year).
The Trucker Media Group is in search of a reporter to cover daily news and features related to the trucking industry. This includes daily online stories, in-depth print stories, intriguing personality profiles, and other writing as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a motivated, self-starting multi-skilled journalist familiar with generating daily content
- Have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or a related field
- Have two to three years of newsroom experience (preferred, but not required. College media participation will be considered depending on the quality of the college/university news outlets.)
- Must be familiar with Associated Press style
- Be familiar with news writing for print and digital (both short and long-form)
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced daily news environment
- Present a portfolio of online and print news coverage
- Familiarity with Word Press preferred, but not required
- Have hands-on experience with social media platforms (professional management not required, but preferred)
- Have an interest in both hard news and features
- Be able to quickly rewrite and edit press releases and a good sense of when follow up is needed for full story
- Looking to build relationships and network for writing opportunities
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (preferred, but not required)
- Photography experience preferred, but not required
- Bring a basic knowledge of (or an interest in learning) the trucking industry (experience writing about trucking is not required, but a candidate is expected to grasp the importance and basic workings of the supply chain)
- Be able to travel for some assignments occasionally
Skills and characteristics needed:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; critical thinker with an eye for detail
- Ability to think “outside the box” and come up with creative and fresh ideas
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; team player
- Strong organization skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- An eagerness to learn and grow through constructive feedback
This position will be based in Little Rock, Arkansas, and will report directly to the Managing Editor.
The Trucker Media Group offers a dynamic team environment, competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) Plan and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, flexible spending account, and long-term disability.
Interested candidates should send their resume and 2-3 writing samples to [email protected], or upload below.
To apply, please fill out the following form: