OUR DRIVERS EARN UP TO $80,000 PER YEAR – CONSISTENT FREIGHT AND MILES
Sharp Transportation – Our Drivers Are Our Best Asset
- CPM Pay Based on Experience
- $70,000 to $80,000 Per Year for 1st Year Company Drivers
- 2 Weeks Out, 2 Days Home – 3 Weeks Out, 3 Days Home
- Production and Safety Bonus up to $400+ Per Month
- Annual Pay Increases
- Weekly Pay/Direct Deposit
- $2,000 Retention Bonus – Paid Quarterly Over 1 Year
- Paid Layover, Detention and Breakdown Pay
- 1 Day Orientation
How We Run:
- Consistent Freight- If You Want Miles, You’ll Get Them!
- 10,000 – 13,000+ Miles Per Month
- 2020 or Newer Automatic Trucks
- APU's and Refrigerators
- Fold Down Bunk in Every Truck
- Omnitracs Electronic Logs and Drive Cam Cameras
- Fuel Cards – Cover Fuel, DEF and Scale Tickets
- Professional, Friendly Staff, 24 Hours
- Pre-planned Dispatch = Less Time at the Dock
- Average $1,000 on Driver Referrals
- Medical, Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance and Teladoc Visits
- 401K With 4% Match
- Rider Program – 5 Years and Up
- Paid Vacations After 1 Year
- Pet Friendly
Optional touch freight loads. Some loads are hand unload (cookies), pays average $250- $300 a trailer unloaded plus mileage.
All our freight is no touch, with the exception of the cookie loads. Utah loads are all pre-loaded. No waiting.
In 32 years of business, Sharp Transportation has grown from 1 building and a handful of trucks, to a nationwide operation with warehouses and offices throughout the western United States. We continue to run our operation from a small town in Northern Utah.
-1 year driving experience
– No major tickets or accidents in the last 3 years
– 22 years of age or older
Beyond the job benefits already listed above for truck driving jobs, there are several other appealing benefits for truckers living in Blaine. With access to over 30 ports and the proximity to the US Canada border, there are a multitude of opportunities for truck drivers or anyone looking for a career in trucking.
See all Jobs Opportunities
with Sharp Transportation
The information below provides insight into how working as a Company Driver may meet your expected lifestyle, work into your long-term career plans, and provide the working environment you seek.
What is Company Driver?
Company Drivers are employed by specific companies that maintain its own fleet of trucks. Company Drivers are can be separated into 2 categories: (1) drivers working for trucking carriers that exist for the sole purpose of transporting freight of others, or (2) drivers working for companies that carry its own freight to support its own company’s product or service. Company drivers are in high demand, particular among large carriers.
What are some personal characteristics helpful for Company Drivers?
Aside from the personal characteristics needed to be a good truck driver, a Company Driver can be representing a company with thousands of workers in the US and internationally. Therefore, it is helpful for a Company Driver to keep a happy, helpful demeanor both to the general public and customers. Likewise, reliability, honesty, integrity, and self-motivation is necessary since you won’t have anyone looking over your shoulder or directing your every move. No one will tell you when to get out of bed in the morning or when to take a break or stop driving for the day (except the NMCSA, of course!).
For additional information about Company Drivers, including what is a Company Driver, pathways to securing a driving job, financial investment requirements, personal characteristics, average salaries and compensation structures of Company Drivers, visit Truck Driving Job Resources.
Truck driving route type vary within the industry and are dependent on several factors including interstate trucking requirements, route planning, type of cargo hauled, frequency, hazardous materials restrictions, driver experience, etc.
Regional Routes are routes within a specified geographic region. The region may be as small as a few counties in a state, a state itself, or a number of states. Regions are often divided geographically in typical ways including the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest Northwest, etc.