KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Dennis Dellinger, president and CEO of Cargo Transporters, has been named the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) 2020-21 chairman.
He was elected during the TCA’s 82nd annual convention under way here.
In his acceptance speech Tuesday morning, Dellinger called for involvement of the association membership.
“Any member of an association, and especially its incoming chairman, should want the collective group to be involved,” he told attendees. “You want members to pride themselves in being a part of something bigger and better, and you recognize that a lack of involvement most likely leads to a general lack of awareness. I echo the platforms of past TCA leadership in that we must get more people involved in the efforts of this association to be able to effectively demonstrate the real size and scope that is the truckload segment of our industry.”
Dellinger started with Cargo Transporters, located in Claremont, North Carolina, in 1986, first as a driver supervisor, continuing through the years to fill a number of positions. His in-depth knowledge and viewpoints of fleet management and the industry are recognized and respected.
In addition to Dellinger’s responsibilities at the company, he also is a leader in several industry organizations. He currently serves as first vice chair on the board of directors at TCA as well as board of directors and is a past chairman of the North Carolina Trucking Association. Other commitments include serving on the board of directors and vice chair of the Safety Policy Committee at American Trucking Associations (ATA) and an advisory position at The Trucking Alliance.
Cargo Transporters, founded in 1982, is a trucking operation with common and contract authority based in Claremont, North Carolina. The company specializes in truckload, dry van freight with an emphasis on long-term contracts with partner shippers. In addition, the company services those customers who require time definite or JIT service. The company operates a fleet of more than 520 tractors and 1,785 trailers, utilizing some of the most advanced communication and safety systems.
The following individuals will assist Dellinger as TCA’s officers:
- Immediate Past Chair Josh Kaburick, CEO of Earl L. Henderson Trucking Company at Caseyville, Illinois.
- First Vice Chair Jim Ward, president and CEO of D.M. Bowman of Williamsport, Maryland.
- Second Vice Chair John Elliott, CEO of Load One of Taylor, Michigan.
- Treasurer Pete Hill, vice president of Hill Brothers Transportation of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Secretary David Williams, executive vice president of Knight Transportation of Phoenix.
- Association Vice President to ATA John Culp, executive vice president of finance of Maverick USA, in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- At-Large Officer Joey Hogan, president of Covenant Transport of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- At-Large Officer Karen Smerchek, president of Veriha Trucking of Marinette, Wisconsin.
- At-Large Officer Ed Nagle, president of Nagle Toledo of Walbridge, Ohio.
- At-Large Officer Jon Coca, president of Diamond Transportation System, Inc., of Racine, Wisconsin.