JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — In response to the COVID-19 crisis and shortage of safe truck-parking facilities, the Missouri State Highway Patrol has announced that truck parking, including overnight parking, will be permitted at the state’s scale houses during the national state of emergency declared last month by President Donald Trump.
According to an April 7 post on the agency’s Facebook page, truckers must make sure parking does not interfere with the operation of the facility:
- No parking on ramps or turnaround areas;
- No parking in the scale lanes or in front of the inspection buildings;
- No parking in areas designated for staff or handicap parking; and
- No parking in other areas identified by on-site Missouri State Highway Patrol personnel.
In addition, drivers should take note of the following:
- No littering of any kind.
- No alcohol or drug consumption on state property.
- Restroom facilities may not be available at some sites.