GREEN BAY, Wis. — Schneider, one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers, is upgrading its driver facilities in the Dallas area. The company’s new operating center, which is expected to open in January 2020, will include a variety of amenities for drivers.
The new location is being built at 1211 East Pleasant Run Road in Wilmer, Texas, in the heart of the Interstates 45 and 20 corridors and in close proximity to a number of Schneider customers. It will replace the current facility located at 34500 LBJ Freeway in Dallas, which Schneider opened in 2000.
“Maximizing drivers’ comfort and providing the tools and facilities they need to do their jobs safely and efficiently is job No.1 for all Schneider associates,” said Dave Geyer, Schneider’s executive vice president, group president of transportation and logistics. “The new facility will include many of the amenities found at our other locations across North America, but also new features or improvement designs based on driver feedback.”
To continually improve the driver experience, Geyer said Schneider’s new Dallas facility will include:
- Expanded tractor (304 stalls) and trailer (340 stalls) parking – nearly 50% more than the current location
- Driver business center
- Driver video lounge with power charging stations
- Driver quiet lounge with power charging stations
- Exercise equipment and space
- Expanded free laundry services
- Nine shower stalls
- Full-service café with seating options for powering personal and business-related hand-held devices
- Wi-Fi enabled yard
- Off-hour open-concept vending service
- Company retail store
- Onsite training simulators
The new site will also include a maintenance building that will double the capacity that is available at the current location:
- 10 tractor bays
- Five trailer bays
- Three express bays
- Two PM pits
- A 6,700-square-foot parts room
- Two open steam bay stations
Over 500 drivers within Schneider’s Regional, Over-the-Road and Dedicated service offerings will be managed out of the Dallas operating center. The 14,000-square-foot driver services building and 47,000-square-foot maintenance building sit on over 50 acres, which allows for future growth.
For more information about joining the ranks of professionals at Schneider’s new Dallas facility, or any of the company’s more than 200 locations, visit www.SchneiderJobs.com.