THE TRUCKER MEDIA GROUP EDITORIAL TEAM MEMBER
The Trucker Media Group (TTMG) is looking for a smart, self-motivated, creative team player to join its editorial team to cover industry news, in-depth features, press releases and intriguing personality profiles for daily updates to its websites, social media outlets and print publications.
- Plan, produce and edit both daily news and more in-depth feature content.
- Rewrite and edit press releases with good professional judgement when follow up is needed.
- Post articles, manage and monitor of social media platforms on a daily basis.
- Network, develop and maintain relationships with professional organizations, industry newsmakers, customers and influencers for writing opportunities.
- Gain solid understanding of and monitor industry trends, events and topics.
- Work closely with Managing Editor to develop new, fresh story ideas.
- Monitor other news and media outlets to source content that fits target audience.
- Maintain quality standards, goals and expectations.
Required skills and experience:
- At least two to three years news media writing and reporting experience.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills – ability to interact and build professional relationships in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with media organizations, as well as trucking industry (or eagerness to learn).
- Fast learner with willingness to learn and grow through constructive feedback.
- Critical and creative thinker with an eye for detail; ability to “think outside the box.”
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
Preferred, but not required, skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Word Press, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Creative and good eye for photography and design/page layout.
- Open to limited, occasional travel for assignments.
This position will be based in Little Rock, Arkansas, and will report directly to the Managing Editor.
TTMG offers a dynamic team environment, competitive salary, paid time off, a 401(k) plan and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, a flexible spending account, long-term disability and more. Interested candidates should send a resume, along with a selection of writing samples, to [email protected].
TTMG is the leading source of industry news, driver recruiting and product service marketing for the long-haul trucking industry in the US, proudly serving the industry for over 35 years. TTMG publishes the industry leading news and recruiting websites, including www.TheTrucker.com, as well as three industry news, recruiting and professional trade publications.
- To apply, please fill out the following form: