Social Media / Marketing Coordinator
The Trucker Media Group is the leading source of trucking industry news and truck driver recruitment for the long-haul trucking industry in the US, proudly serving the industry for over 30 years. In addition to TheTrucker.com, The Trucker Media Group is the publisher of The Trucker (industry-leading newspaper published twice a month for long-haul truck drivers), The Trucker Jobs Magazine (truck driver recruiting and editorial magazine published monthly) and Truckload Authority (the official publication of the Truckload Carriers Association published six times a year).
The Trucker Media Group (TTMG) is in search of a Marketing Coordinator to lead existing and develop new digital, print, and event marketing initiatives for the TTMG. This person will work closely with and report directly to TTMG’s Managing Editor but will have autonomy and the ability to significantly affect the content distribution and marketing efforts of TTMG.
- Lead existing and expand overall TTMG marketing strategy and programs to promote TTMG and its editorial content to provide a consistent brand voice across all content distribution platforms;
- Expand and engage the existing audience through social media, strategic partnerships, email and texting campaigns, and other marketing efforts;
- Continually monitor market behavior and other trucking industry social media and websites for trending topics, and communicate with the editorial team regarding topics for possible news and feature ideas.
- Build and maintain TTMG’s presence and strategy on all channels of social media;
- Manage and monitor daily social media posts, and analyze results;
- Build and maintain partnerships with social media managers of strategic industry partners to build and promote TTMG content and its social media audiences;
- Participate in and monitor trucking blogs, chat groups, and other social media and news sources to find trending topics and promotional opportunities;
- Develop and monitor the website and social media contests and giveaways to increase readership and audience engagement;
- Develop and maintain a website backlink partnership plan for TheTrucker.com;
- Develop relationships with state and national news outlets and establish ongoing communication to promote and offer links to TTMG content;
- Develop and execute a plan to regularly distribute specific and relevant TTMG content/articles of interest to other organizations to share on their websites, social media or email marketing; and work with the editorial team to promote specific stories wherever possible;
- Design and manage email and texting campaigns and monitor performance results, including weekly newsletter and other campaigns targeted to specific audiences;
- Work with the editorial team to include content that maximizes response;
- Analyze results and make changes to maximize performance based on campaign design, content, timing;
- Work with sales team to develop specific target market campaigns for advertisers;
- Work with editorial and sales teams to develop and implement self-promotions and other strategic promotional partnerships;
- Work with a graphic designer to develop effective graphic images to promote specific content and articles; tailor content, as needed, for the different distribution channels;
- Work with editorial and sales team to develop an editorial calendar for newsletters and publications and category-specific sponsorships;
- Assist sales team with the development of new sales support materials and collateral;
- Communicate regularly with editorial and sales teams to provide updates on marketing activity, projects and results;
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong passion for marketing, a lust for measurable success;
- Experience in marketing, advertising, and communications in a similar role, preferable in a B2B context;
- Knowledge and high comfort level with traditional, digital, email, and social media marketing and strategic partnership development, metrics and measurements;
- Excellent writing, communication, creative and presentation skills; ability to multitask on diverse projects; ability to think outside the box;
- Experience in using digital metrics and measurement tools and improving digital marketing results;
- Familiarity with media organizations and/or trucking industry a plus, but not required;
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in marketing or strategic communication preferred, but not required;
- Must work well as a team, but also be a self-starter and respond well to constructive feedback.
- The Marketing Coordinator will be based in Little Rock and report directly to the Managing Editor.
- The Trucker Media Group offers a dynamic team environment, competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) Plan and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, flexible spending account, and long-term disability.
To apply, please fill out the following form: