ORLANDO, Fla. — Spireon Inc., a company that provides aftermarket telematics solutions, unveiled the next phase in the evolution of its proprietary IntelliScan cargo-sensing technology with the release of Image Capture and Retrieval earlier this month.
Launched in 2018, IntelliScan features advanced detection methods using a combination of optical imaging and laser time-of-flight sensing to achieve 99.9% accuracy in cargo detection. With IntelliScan, the FleetLocate trailer-management solution can reliably and accurately read an entire 53-foot trailer in extreme environmental conditions, even with varied or irregular load types, including “soft” cargo such as carpet or paper. With newest phase of IntelliScan, the artificial intelligence and machine learning that detects cargo also captures what it sees, arming carriers with visual images that can help combat detention and ensure trailer readiness.
“How many times have you wished you had eyes inside your trailer when you’re trying to validate a detention bill? How many times have you sent a driver for a trailer only to find it’s still loaded?” asked Roni Taylor, senior vice president of strategy and business development at Spireon. “With IntelliScan, not only will you know with unprecedented accuracy when a trailer is loaded or empty — now you can see it, save it and share it.”
The ability to capture images from inside trailers will revolutionize the way carriers manage drivers, trailers and business relationships. With IntelliScan Image Capture and Retrieval, carriers can:
- Keep drivers driving by ensuring a trailer is empty before scheduling pickup;
- Increase detention billing accuracy and improve shipper practices with proof of load/unload;
- Improve worker safety and lower liability by detecting cargo load shift before doors open;
- Minimize cargo damage and increase efficiency by detecting improper loading;
- Resolve claims confidently with time-stamped images that prove or disprove cargo/trailer damage; and
- Recover stolen cargo and aid in prosecution with time-stamped documentation.
“They say a picture is worth a thousand words; in the transportation industry, it’s worth countless dollars,” said Jim AuBuchon, president and CEO at Premier Trailer Leasing. “Image Capture and Retrieval is a game changer for us and our leasing customers.”