ATLANTA — Stacy Earnhardt, director of asset management at Best Specialized, has been elected general chairman and treasurer of the American Trucking Associations’ Technology and Maintenance Council. The announcement was made Feb. 26 during the organization’s annual meeting.
“Stacy has been an exemplary member of TMC, including winning the Silver Spark Plug this year,” said Robert Braswell, TMC’s executive director. “His professionalism and commitment to trucking make him an outstanding choice to be TMC general chairman and treasurer.”
Earnhardt, who is from Kernersville, North Carolina, served this past year as TMC’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings. He succeeds Kenneth Calhoun, fleet optimization manager for Altec Industries of Conway, Arkansas, as general chairman and treasurer.
“I’m honored to accept this position from my fellow TMC members,” said Earnhardt. “I look forward to working with the rest of TMC’s leadership to advance our industry’s goals. I also want to thank Kenneth for his service to our organization.”
Outgoing chairman Calhoun said, “Being general chairman and treasurer has been an incredible honor for me, and I want to thank my fellow TMC members for it. As I hand off the chairmanship of TMC, I want to congratulate Stacy on his election and wish him luck. I’m sure he will be an outstanding leader for our council.”
Others serving as TMC officers for 2020-2021 include:
- Vice chairman and chairman of meetings: Randy Obermeyer, director of maintenance, OnLine Transport Inc.;
- Chairman of study groups: Winston Minchew, training manager, Training Manager, Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.;
- Chairman of membership and publicity: Peter Savage, director of quality and implementations, Clarke Power Services Inc.;
- Chairman of associates: Jill Gingrich, vice president and managing director, WheelTime Network LLC;
- Immediate past chairman: Kenneth Calhoun; and
- Executive Director: Robert Braswell.
- Scott Bartlein, Barry Trucking Inc.;
- Chris Disantis, Aim Nationalease;
- Roger Maye, ConMet;
- Radu Mihai, BURNCO Rock Products;
- Kevin Tomlinson, South Shore Transportation;
- Randy Tumbarello, Genox Transportation Inc.;
- Dave Walters, Alcoa Wheels; and
- Jim Boyd, Southeastern Freight Lines.
By providing leadership support and opportunities to collaborate, TMC helps members develop the industry’s best practices that address the critical truck technology and maintenance issues that have the greatest impact on truck fleets.