DETROIT — A stretch of Interstate 75, between Interstate 94 and State Highway 8, in Detroit will be closed in both directions from 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2, until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5, according to the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). The scheduled closure will allow crews to install new bridge beams as part of a project to replace the Milwaukee Street overpass.
During the closure, the following detours will be posted:
- Northbound lanes of I-75 will follow westbound I-94, northbound State Highway 10 (Lodge Freeway) and eastbound State Highway 8, back to northbound I-75.
- Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound State Highway 8 to southbound State Highway 10, back to southbound I-75.
In addition, the following access ramps will close beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2, and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5:
- Eastbound and westbound M-8 to southbound I-75,
- Holbrook Avenue to southbound I-75,
- Clay Street to southbound I-75,
- Eastbound and westbound I-94 to northbound I-75, and
- Warren Avenue to northbound I-75.