DETROIT — A stretch of Interstate 75, between Interstate 94 and State Highway 8, in Detroit will be closed in both directions from 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2, until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5, according to the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). The scheduled closure will allow crews to install new bridge beams as part of a project to replace the Milwaukee Street overpass.
During the closure, the following detours will be posted:
- Northbound lanes of I-75 will follow westbound I-94, northbound State Highway 10 (Lodge Freeway) and eastbound State Highway 8, back to northbound I-75.
- Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound State Highway 8 to southbound State Highway 10, back to southbound I-75.
In addition, the following access ramps will close beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2, and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5:
- Eastbound and westbound M-8 to southbound I-75,
- Holbrook Avenue to southbound I-75,
- Clay Street to southbound I-75,
- Eastbound and westbound I-94 to northbound I-75, and
- Warren Avenue to northbound I-75.
The Trucker News Staff produces engaging content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking industry for more than 30 years. With a focus on drivers, the Trucker News Staff aims to provide relevant, objective content pertaining to the trucking segment of the transportation industry. The Trucker News Staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.