ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The Truckload Carriers Association has announced the 2019 Company Driver of the Year and 2019 Owner Operator of the Year finalists.
Each year, the Driver of the Year Contests recognize company and owner-operator professional truck drivers who provide safe and reliable transportation of North America’s goods.
The top six finalists were selected based on their demonstrated ability to operate safely on public highways, their efforts to enhance the public image of the trucking industry, and their contributions to their local communities.
The 2019 Company Driver of the Year Contest finalists include:
- Robie Jensen of Fremont, Nebraska, who drives for Fremont Contract Carriers also of Fremont, Nebraska.
- Randy Kuryk of Sicamous, British Columbia, Canada, who drives for Bison Transport of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Don Lewis of Republic, Missouri, who drives for Wilson Logistics of Springfield, Missouri.
The 2019 Owner-Operator of the Year Contest finalists include:
- Jesse Dennis of Springfield, Missouri who is leased to Prime Inc. also of Springfield, Missouri.
- Kevin Kocmich of Litchfield, Minnesota, who is leased to Diamond Transportation System of Racine, Wisconsin.
- Robert and Tracy Roth of Coldwater, Ontario, Canada, who are leased to Erb International of New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada.
Grand prize winners in both categories will be announced at TCA’s Annual Convention — Truckload 2020: Orlando — at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida, on March 3.
Each grand prize winner will receive $25,000, while the two runners-up in each division will win $2,500.
“These contests continue to bring forth the best of the best in our industry year-after-year” said TCA President John Lyboldt. “From being a mentor behind the wheel, to being a leader in their community, these drivers are so deserving of this recognition. I look forward to seeing which driver takes home the grand prize at Truckload 2020.”
For more information on the Driver of the Year Contests, visit truckload.org/DOY.
The Trucker News Staff produces engaging content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking industry for more than 30 years. With a focus on drivers, the Trucker News Staff aims to provide relevant, objective content pertaining to the trucking segment of the transportation industry. The Trucker News Staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.