HOUSTON — The votes have been tallied and the winners have been chosen for the 38th annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition, which was held in a virtual online format this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The winners were announced Friday, Sept. 18, as part of the celebration for National Truck Driver Appreciation week.
Brian Dreher won the Best of Show award with his 2016 Peterbilt 389.
“Congratulations to Brian Dreher for winning Best of Show at Shell Rotella SuperRigs and to all of the award winners,” said Annie Peter, North American marketing manager for Shell Rotella. “Our 38th Annual Shell Rotella SuperRigs looked a little different this year, but the same spirit of community rose to the top. It was important to Shell Rotella to continue the great tradition of honoring hardworking truckers through SuperRigs as our community continues to help North America persevere during a challenging year.”
Additional first place winners include: Truett Novosad in the Tractor Division with his 2007 Peterbilt 379, Kiegan Nelson for 2013 Peterbilt 389 in the Tractor Trailer division and David Foster won the Classic Division with his 2005 Kenworth W900L. Each award winner will receive MyMilesMatter reward points and a limited-edition Shell Rotella jacket. All of the trucks entered this year can be viewed at MyMilesMatter.com.
Jeron Whittmore has been named by the judges as the Hardest Working Trucker, and Jay Palachuk was selected as the winner of the People’s Choice award by the fan votes for his 1996 Kenworth W900.
Following is a complete list of winners from this year’s contest:
Best of Show
- 1st place: Brian Dreher, 2016 Peterbilt 389.
- 2nd place: Jason Koch, 2010 Peterbilt 389.
- 3rd place: Jake Robak, 2006 Peterbilt 379 Car Carrier.
- 1st place: Truett Novosad, 2007 Peterbilt 379.
- 2nd place: Dave Koliha, 2018 Peterbilt 389.
- 3rd place: Aaron Walters, 2019 Peterbilt 389 Glider.
- 1st place: Kiegan Nelson, 2013 Peterbilt 389.
- 2nd place: Jacob Bonham, 2007 Peterbilt 379 Extended Hood Legacy Edition.
- 3rd place: Jamie Walker, 2001 Peterbilt 379.
- 1st place: David Foster, 2005 Kenworth W900L.
- 2nd place: Ethan Russel, 1998 Peterbilt 379.
- 3rd place: Daniel Snow, 1996 Freightliner Classic XL.
Hardest Working Trucker: Jeron Whittmore.
People’s Choice Award: Jay Palachuk, 1996 Kenworth W900.
Best of Show winner Brian Dreher will appear in the 2022 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar. The 2021 Shell Rotella SuperRigs calendar will be a special edition, celebrating the past 37 years of the famed event and feature “Legends of the Road” from previous SuperRigs calendars.