The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) will be providing financial assistance to 52 undergraduate college students for the 2020-21 school year.
Each student will receive a scholarship ranging from $2,725 to $6,250 from a total pool of nearly $150,000.
Since 1973, TCA has provided scholarships to students associated with the trucking industry. Each scholarship recipient must be an undergraduate student in good standing at a four-year college or university.
In addition, recipients must be associated with a TCA member company as an employee or independent contractor, or be the child, grandchild, or spouse of an employee or independent contractor of a TCA member company.
TCA awards scholarships without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, or genetic information.
“I love seeing the impact that the TCA Scholarship Fund and the awards make on so many college students each year,” said the fund’s Chairman and Wilson Logistics Founder and CEO Darrel Wilson. “I always look forward to learning more about the students and following their success due in small part to the help from the TCA scholarships.”
This year, the fund announced that it received the most applications to date. Adhering to its bylaws, six TCA Scholarship Fund trustees judged the applicants, taking into consideration each applicant’s GPA, major, extracurricular activities, hours worked, and other factors.
The seven largest scholarships are named in honor of dedicated TCA members, affiliates, and past TCA chairmen.
This year’s recipients and their company affiliations include:
- NAIT Scholarship, $6,250: Graham Baner, Nussbaum Transportation Services Inc.
- John Kaburick Scholarship, $4,500: Austin Wagner, McLeod Software Corporation Inc.
- Robert Low Scholarship, $3,250: Rae Ballinger, H.O. Wolding Inc.
- Kai Norris Scholarship, $3,250: Aubree Boyd, Daseke Inc.-Boyd Bros. Transportation Inc.
- Stoney Reese Stubbs Scholarship, $3,250: Elizabeth Wilhelm, Hirschbach Motor Lines Inc.
- Darrel Clark Wilson III Scholarship, $3,250: Benjamin Giesbrecht, Bison Transport
- Thomas Welby Scholarship, $3,250: Derek Linville, Wabash National Corp.
In addition, the following students have each been awarded $2,725 for the 2020-21 school year:
- Hadley Baerns, Skyline Transportation
- Hannah Barga, Classic Carriers Inc.
- Brendan Beckley, Prime Inc.
- Cole Bickham, TMC Transportation
- Brittlee Broom, KLLM Transport Services LLC
- Diego Cerda, Werner Enterprises Inc.
- Zhuan Chen, Werner Enterprises Inc.
- Matthew Cox, Truck Centers Inc.
- Charlie Dorn, SAF-HOLLAND Group
- Ivanna Drepin, Apex Capital Corp.
- Hailey Freeland, Stageline Express
- Victoria Freeman, U.S. Xpress Inc.
- Andrew Goble, Central Marketing Transport LLC
- Thomas Goble, Central Marketing Transport LLC
- Alex Harden, NFI Industries
- Gavin Jeffries, Wabash National Corp.
- Mason Jenkins, Doug Andrus Distributing
- Samantha Jenkins, Doug Andrus Distributing
- Brian Kirkland, Cargo Transporters Inc.
- Landry Kirsling, H.O. Wolding Inc.
- Aida Krzalic, Wilson Logistics
- Lucas Leiter, Styer Transportation Co.
- Gabrielle Lowe, Covenant Transport Services
- Aaron Malkowski, NFI Industries
- Grace McGee, Maverick USA Inc.
- Kaitlyn Mcphee, Prime Inc.
- David Meisgeier, Werner Enterprises Inc.
- Derrek Newell, Maverick USA Inc.
- Angelicia Ochoa-Rivera, Werner Enterprises Inc.
- Amanda Ott, Prime Inc.
- Austin Owens, McLeod Software Corporation Inc.
- Amy Pitzel, Bison Transport
- Megan Rogers, Don Hummer Trucking
- Elizabeth Rojas, Wilson Logistics
- D’Amrah Rowdy, Maverick USA Inc.
- Casey Russell, JLE Industries
- Luke Senft, S&H Express Inc.
- Gabriela Silva, Bison Transport
- Kimberly Sparks, Load One LLC
- Anderson Spivey, Best Logistics Group
- Geoffrey Veasy, Bay & Bay Transportation
- Faith Wilker, Pohl Transportation Inc.
- Kevin Williams, Werner Enterprises Inc.
- Madison Wutke, Prime Inc.
- Adela Zuskind, NFI Industries.
The Truckload Authority News Staff, comprised of award winning journalists and graphic artists, produces content for Truckload Authority, working in cooperation with the Truckload Carriers Association staff. Truckload Authority aims to keep TCA members abreast on the latest trends in the trucking industry as well as articles that feature TCA member executives and drivers. The Truckload Authority staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.