J.B. Hunt’s Class A truck-driving jobs include a strong freight base with frequent home time, competitive annual earnings and comprehensive benefit offerings, as well as a team that supports its drivers every mile of the way.
Moving freight transportation forward
About J.B. Hunt
Why drive for J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt offers a variety of programs designed to accommodate all drivers, including employees, owner-operators and students. The company wants its employees to grow and succeed while, at the same time, maintain their personal lives and relationships.
As North America’s leading trucking company with almost 60 years of transportation logistics experience, J.B. Hunt understands the way of the road and helps drivers transform their driving jobs into rewarding, stable careers.
90% of J.B. Hunt’s driving positions are local or regional, allowing drivers to be home every week, if not every day. With jobs in dedicated, intermodal, truckload and final mile divisions available all over the country, the J.B. Hunt team is adaptable to the changes in its drivers’ lives, wherever those changes may lead.
Employee Driver Benefits
- Choice of medical plans
- Dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Health savings account option
- Flexible spending account
- Basic life insurance paid by J.B. Hunt
- Basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance paid by J.B. Hunt
- Driver disability insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance
- Voluntary identity theft & protection
- Voluntary term life Insurance for employee and family members
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance for family members
- Home and auto insurance options
- Company-matched 401k retirement savings plan
- Weekly payroll with direct deposit or Comdata
- Pay on the “honor system” with no waiting on bills and paperwork
- Paid vacation time
- Paid orientation and safety training
- Per diem option to decrease tax burden (for qualified positions)
- Million Mile safety bonuses
- Annual service and safety awards
- Nationwide discount purchase programs with companies such as Dell, Whirlpool and more
- Personalized intranet portal available 24/7 to access pay, benefits and other information
- Financial Wellness Resource Program — Momentum onUp
Pay methods vary by operating group and job type, but drivers’ paychecks are a guaranteed delivery.
- Truckload Fleet: Experienced-based pay rates (may vary depending on the length of haul)
- Intermodal Fleet: Experienced-based mileage pay, as well as activity-based pay with select opportunities.
- Dedicated Contract Services Fleet: Pay based on specific account needs and location
Contracting with J.B. Hunt allows access to fuel and maintenance savings, weekly settlements, voluntary health programs and more.
Fuel Savings and Cost Advantages
J.B. Hunt offers discounts on both fuel and maintenance costs through an extensive network of vendors.
J.B. Hunt offers weekly settlements paid on the honor system with no waiting on bills and paperwork.
Owner-operators can select direct deposit or Comdata; fuel, withholdings and voluntary health premiums will be deducted. Bills can also easily be turned in at any of the scanning stations located throughout the company’s truck-stop network.
Voluntary Health Programs
Owner-operators enjoy access to voluntary health insurance, available in single or family coverage at an affordable group rate. Plans include medical, dental, vision, prescription and other optional coverage.
Driving Jobs for Student Drivers
Becoming a commercial truck driver is a rewarding career that offers stability, strong pay, benefits and more. In addition to local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs, J.B. Hunt offers delivery driving jobs that do not require a CDL. The company does not currently provide training; a minimum of three months experience is required.