OKLAHOMA CITY – Love’s Travel Stops’ annual Share the Love event grew this year with the combined donation of $100,000 to 10 nonprofits across the country on behalf of its over 35,000 employees.
Additionally, beginning on Valentine’s Day, corporate employees are volunteering at organizations in Oklahoma City, where its corporate offices are located.
“We’re excited to be back in person this year, safely volunteering at some of our favorite organizations across Oklahoma City,” Jenny Love Meyer, chief culture officer and executive vice president of Love’s, said. “It’s one of our favorite events each year, and getting to add the store team member component is a great way to make sure all our employees can participate and give back the communities we live and work in.”
Since 2013, Love’s corporate employees have spent Valentine’s Day volunteering at Oklahoma City nonprofits for Share the Love. For this year’s event, Love’s teams across the country were able to vote on a nonprofit in their division to donate too. The organization in each division that obtained the most votes received $10,000.
Below are the organizations that received a donation:
- Big Five Community Services in Durant, Oklahoma.
- Mississippi Children’s Museum in Jackson, Mississippi.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Ronald McDonald House of Charities Central Indiana in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Circle the City in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Harmony Home Children’s Advocacy Center in Odessa, Texas.
- Feed More in Richmond, Virginia.
- Watson Children’s Shelter in Missoula, Montana.
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Junior Achievement of Arkansas in Little Rock, Arkansas.
For more information on Love’s giving history, visit Loves.com/news.
The Trucker News Staff produces engaging content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking industry for more than 30 years. With a focus on drivers, the Trucker News Staff aims to provide relevant, objective content pertaining to the trucking segment of the transportation industry. The Trucker News Staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.