MADISON, Wis. — Flooding has caused several highways to close across Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) encourages drivers to be aware of changing travel conditions and “know before you go” with 511wi.gov, Wisconsin’s Travel Information website.
Current state highways closed due to flooding are:
- WIS 35 is closed at WIS 95 near Fountain City. Traffic is detoured via WIS 93, U.S. 10 and WIS 37.
- WIS 35 is also closed five miles south of WIS 95 and about two miles north of WIS 95.
- WIS 82/Lansing Causeway is closed over the Mississippi River. Alternate routes across the river are La Crosse and Prairie du Chien.
- Motorists are reminded not to drive through standing water or around barriers. Use the designated detour route as many state, county and local roads are experiencing flooding.
- WisDOT staff are closely monitoring the following areas in southwest Wisconsin due to rising waterways, such as the Mississippi River.
- U.S. 18 near Prairie du Chien.
- U.S. 18 and County C intersection, just south of Wisconsin River bridge.
- WIS 133 near Potosi.
The Trucker News Staff produces engaging content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking industry for more than 30 years. With a focus on drivers, the Trucker News Staff aims to provide relevant, objective content pertaining to the trucking segment of the transportation industry. The Trucker News Staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.