During Truckload 2020: Orlando, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) recognized Truckload Carriers Association members who volunteered their time and equipment to haul The Wall That Heals in 2019. The presentation was made by VVMF’s Director of Outreach Tim Tetz.
“Today we recognize a five-year partnership with the Truckload Carriers Association providing transportation needs for The Wall That Heals,” said Tetz. “Through the efforts of its members, The Wall traveled over 19,000 miles and was visited by more than 300,000 in 34 communities in 2019. In bringing our heroes and our veterans home, together we honor and remember all those who served and sacrificed in Vietnam.”
The following TCA-member companies were recognized in Kissimmee, Florida:
- Baylor Trucking, Inc., of Milan, Indiana;
- Christenson Transportation, Inc., of Strafford, Missouri;
- Dart Transit Co., of Eagan, Minnesota;
- Diamond Transportation System, Inc., of Racine, Wisconsin;
- Halvor Lines, Inc., of Superior, Wisconsin;
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc., of Dubuque, Iowa;
- Hoekstra Transportation, LLC, of Kankakee, Illinois;
- Jrayl Transport, Inc., of Akron, Ohio;
- Quality Transport Co., of Freeport, Illinois;
- Regency Transportation, Inc., of Franklin, Massachusetts;
- Sharp Transportation, Inc., of Logan, Utah;
- Western Dairy Transport of Cabool, Missouri; and
- Wilson Logistics of Springfield, Missouri.
Since 2015, TCA and VVMF have partnered to bring The Wall That Heals to communities across America. The exhibit is hauled in a 53-foot trailer and includes a three-quarter scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and a mobile education center.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund is the nonprofit organization that built the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. in 1982. VVMF is dedicated to honoring and preserving the legacy of service in America and educating all generations about the impact of the Vietnam War and era through programs, ceremonies and education materials.
To view available routes for 2020, or to complete an interest form, visit vvmf.org.
The Truckload Authority News Staff, comprised of award winning journalists and graphic artists, produces content for Truckload Authority, working in cooperation with the Truckload Carriers Association staff. Truckload Authority aims to keep TCA members abreast on the latest trends in the trucking industry as well as articles that feature TCA member executives and drivers. The Truckload Authority staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.