GALESBURG, Mich. — Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies said the new Endurant 12-speed automated transmission — what Eaton says is the lightest, most efficient 1,850 lb.-ft. capable heavy-duty transmission — is now available on International LT Series and LoneStar trucks.
Endurant is designed for long haul and regional haul applications where weight savings and efficiency can add to a fleet’s bottom line, according to Scott Davis, general manager, Eaton Cummins automated transmission technologies.
Featured as a part of the Cummins Integrated Power portfolio, Endurant is paired with the Cummins X15 engine for International LT Series and LoneStar trucks, he said..
“Endurant delivers the lowest total cost of ownership for our 15-liter customers, with outstanding shift quality for driver satisfaction,” said Jim Nachtman, International heavy duty product marketing director.
“We are excited to partner with Navistar to bring the industry’s most advanced transmissions to LT Series and LoneStar customers,” Davis said. “Customer feedback came first when designing Endurant, and fleets will benefit from that input with our industry-leading performance and reliability, fuel efficiency, reduced maintenance, and driver comfort features.”
Davis said more than 100 years of transmission expertise has resulted in a host of Endurant features and benefits, including:
- Smooth and intuitive shift strategies enhance the driving experience.
- An industry-exclusive transmission fluid pressure sensor notifies drivers of low oil levels to provide burn-up warranty coverage.
- 750,000-mile lube change intervals for linehaul applications, which is the industry’s longest and 250,000 to 450,000 miles longer than competitive models, resulting in reduced downtime and maintenance costs.
- Endurant requires only 16 pints of oil, about half the amount of competitive model.
- A maintenance-free 430mm self-adjust clutch that requires no grease.
- A new smart prognostics feature provides clutch replacement notification to better plan maintenance scheduling.
- Internal electrical system routing minimizes exposure and corrosion to wires and connectors for improved reliability.
- Predictive shifting using look-ahead technology to execute shift decisions improves fuel efficiency and provides additional driver comfort.
- A standard, 8-bolt PTO opening improves resale value.
- A replaceable input shaft sleeve allows for affordable and quick repair, while competitive transmissions require a costly and time-consuming full teardown.
Like all automated transmissions from the Eaton Cummins joint venture, Endurant is available with IntelliConnect, a telematics capable system that provides near real-time monitoring of vehicle fault codes, prioritizes the critical events and provides accurate and comprehensive action plans.
The primary objective of IntelliConnect is to increase a fleet’s uptime by reducing unplanned downtime and providing quicker repair diagnostics through remote communication with a vehicle’s transmission, Davis said.
The standard Endurant transmission warranty is five-year/750,000 miles for linehaul commercial vehicles, and 3-year/350,000 miles for the clutch. One-year and two-year extended protection plans also are available. Endurant’s maximum operating weight (GCVW) is 110,000 lbs. (49,895 kg); maximum horsepower is 510 HP (375 KW), and oil capacity is 16 pints (7.5L).
To learn more about the Endurant transmission, please visit www.eatoncumminsjv.com/endurant.