PLOVER, Wis. — The Women In Trucking Association (WIT) has announced the line-up for its 2020 Accelerate! Virtual Conference & Expo, featuring U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao as the keynote speaker. The online event is scheduled for Nov. 12-13.
“This event brings together those in the transportation and logistics industry who have a keen interest in how gender diversity can have a positive impact on businesses within our industry,” said Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO. “It will provide knowledge, new ideas, best practices, and virtual networking that will support the overall industry’s efforts in generating more diversity as well as WIT’s overall mission: To encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments, and minimize the obstacles they face.”
The virtual conference will feature more than 40 educational sessions focusing on critical transportation issues and trends, along with insights from women in the industry. The conference focuses on five educational tracks — Leadership, Professional Development, HR/Talent Management, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Along with the keynote by Secretary Chao, other primary sessions include:
- “Futurenomics: An Economic Snapshot and What to Do Next,” by Dr. Mary Kelly, an internationally renowned author and leader;
- “Strategies to Turn Uncertainty to Competitive Advantage,” by Meredith Elliott Powell, who is regularly featured in Forbes, Fast Company and Investment News;
- “Voice of the Professional Driver,” a panel to provide unique perspectives and an understanding of life on the road;
- “Becoming a Women of Influence,” a panel designed to provide insights and life experiences featuring six finalists of the 2020 WIT Influential Woman In Trucking award;
- “Successful Careers through Productivity and Performance,” from a panel of women who have established successful careers and have been named the 2020 “Top Women to Watch in Transportation”;
- “Inclusive Leadership: How to Mitigate Unconscious Bias” by Melanie Miller, a professional speaker on women’s issues; and
- “Taking Transportation Forward: The WIT Diversity and Inclusion Index,” a conversation led by Mark Murrell and Jane Jazrawy, co-founders of CarriersEdge.
The event also will highlight a virtual expo featuring hundreds of well-known brands, products and services; and a video tour of emerging technologies that have an impact on over-the-road trucking.
The conference is available at two primary levels — premium access, which gives attendees unlimited access to all educational sessions and virtual networking, and standard access, which gives access to all educational sessions. There are also special opportunities for professional drivers and student also to participate. For more information about the Accelerate! Virtual Conference & Expo, click here.