GREEN BAY, Wis. — Schneider, a provider of trucking, intermodal and logistics services, has added a new service to its lineup of intermodal solutions. Schneider Rail Dray focuses on the initial and end moves of intermodal transportation, getting freight from shipper to ramp and ramp to receiver — safely and seamlessly.
“Expanding our strength of intermodal expertise to include Rail Dray ensures that we’re continuing to meet the demands of a changing industry,” said Jim Filter, Schneider’s senior vice president and general manager of intermodal. “The new service provides capacity and control to reliably move dray freight without the inconveniences typically associated with rail moves.”
Schneider Rail Dray is optimal for:
- Railroad providers needing to move shipper freight.
- Third-party logistics providers lacking driver capacity.
- Direct shippers using their own intermodal containers.
Filter said with one call, Schneider provides premium support and visibility needed for rail dray freight:
- Scale: Conducting over 1 million drays a year, Schneider has the scale to expertly dray freight across an entire network.
- Visibility: Satellite-tracking technology enables real-time visibility of dray freight and early notification of delays.
- Risk Mitigation: Schneider’s professionally trained, uniformed drivers operate newer company equipment that is maintained to the highest standard to safeguard against delays and minimize safety and regulatory exposure.
- Optimization: Schneider has the resources and know-how to efficiently optimize an entire dray network.
To learn more about how Schneider Rail Dray avoids costly hang-ups and keeps rail freight moving, visit Schneider.com.
Schneider’s services include regional and long-haul truckload, expedited, dedicated, bulk, intermodal, brokerage, warehousing, supply chain management and port logistics.