BEREA, Ohio — In anticipation of a major weather event, the Ohio Turnpike has issued a travel restriction for all high-profile vehicles from 6 a.m., Friday, Dec. 23, to 8 a.m., Sunday, Dec. 25. (High-profile vehicles are defined as height exceeding 7 feet, 6 inches.)
The following types of vehicles will be banned from traveling on the Ohio Turnpike until the travel restriction is canceled or expires:
- All high-profile tow-behind trailers, campers, boats, and enclosed trailers. (Fifth wheel trailers are excluded.).
- Commercial trucks towing an empty single 53-foot trailer.
- All mobile homes, office trailers and livestock trailers.
- All long combination vehicles (LCV) that include long double-trailer combinations exceeding 90-feet in length. (Enclosed trailers only, including Conestoga type trailers).
- All LCV triple-trailer combinations.
The following types of vehicles will be permitted to travel on the Ohio Turnpike:
- Self-propelled motor homes.
- Low-profile trailers.
- Fold-down camper trailers.
- Pickup trucks with slide-on camper units.
- Vehicles towing fifth-wheel type trailers or any other type of trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
- Commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box-type trailers,
- Commercial trucks towing a single 53-foot trailer with cargo/loaded.
- Commercial trucks towing a car hauler trailer.
- Commercial trucks towing flatbed double-trailer combinations more than 90 feet.
- Commercial trucks towing any double-trailer combinations less than 90 feet.
The travel ban for high-profile vehicles – which covers the entire 241-mile Ohio Turnpike – will be continually evaluated throughout the duration of the storm.
The Trucker News Staff produces engaging content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking industry for more than 30 years. With a focus on drivers, the Trucker News Staff aims to provide relevant, objective content pertaining to the trucking segment of the transportation industry. The Trucker News Staff is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.